Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Last Oaxaca Post, Then Back to Chacala

People have asked me, via emails and comments, about where I stayed in Oaxaca. I think I actually stayed at the best cheap deal in Oaxaca.

It's called Hostel Pochon. It has a website,and they respond to emails quickly, in a number of languages. Mostly Europeans and Australians were there during my visit. Which I enjoyed. The location is very good. Unfortunately I deleted my photos of Pochon, but their website has good photos.

My only complaint about the place was I found the owners to be rude and disrepectful to the guests. There was an amazing negative change in the atmosphere of the place when they returned from a vacation about halfway thru my stay. Very clean, free delicious breakfast and decent free internet. Easy bus (35cents US) or taxi ride$3US) from the bus station.

I took some photos of some of the other places I ran into in my wanderings around the Centro area. Some of the hostels looked pretty grim, others looked okay. All the small hotels were about $30US a night and very nice. I would definitely look at several rooms before I paid for one.

HOSTEL SANTA ISABEL
MARGARET HOSTEL
SMALL HOTEL, MAYBE ON INDEPENDENCIA



,


ANOTHER SMALL HOTEL
POSADA DON MARIO
ANOTHER SMALL HOTEL RIGHT NEAR SAN DOMINGO
Includes a restaurant, crafts and artist gallery, and internet. $30US a night

No comments: