Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunset Over Chacala

Last night I walked home along the beach, just as the sun was going down over the north end of Chacala beach.

I have been reading some photography magazines someone brought me. A common theme is the articles is that the light before dusk and before sunrise is a very good light for taking photos. And a nice photographer named Alan told me the same thing on the beach last winter.At this latitude, about 22 degrees, once the sun goes down, it’s dark in about fifteen minutes. Much different than up north. We are having our longest days of the year for the next six weeks or so. At the summer solstice, a month from now, the sun goes down about 7:30 or 7:40, and it’s dark before 8pm.

Anyway, last night, I got my camera out and started taking photos. Of whatever caught my eye.

The sun shining across the water, seeming to follow me as I walked up the beach.

The sun shining on the wet rocks, being covered and uncovering by the little waves.A view thru the palmsThe palms above my favorite camping area at Esparanza’s.A big family camping on the beach below El Delphin.A boy sliding across the shallow water on a piece of plywood.A few days ago, at the church, a little girl kept begging me to take her picture, as the sun went down. I love how she looks, with the light coming thru her hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful images!

christine said...

such beautiful photographs