Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lovely Camping Spaces in Chacala

Chacala is heating up. Temperature wise. And the humidity is rising too. For various dumb reasons I was out walking in the heat and sun at about 1 pm. That’s something I usually avoid in the summer months. But, whatever….I was ready for a shade break when I got to the homes on the beach that have camping palapas, toilets, and showers for rent. The palapas are right on the beach. And during the week the palapas are usually empty.I stopped to visit with the adult daughter at one of the homes. She was collecting the fees for the palapas and banos. She was not busy, so we visited. The shade felt wonderful.The family’s former home here was completely destroyed by Hurricane Kenna in October 2002. When I first came to stay in Chacala, in the Spring of 2003, the home had just been rebuilt, and the lady of the house had planted some very small trees between the house and the road. On the shady side of the house.

And now, four years later, the trees make a lovely shaded patio where the family sits to visit and relax. There are flowers growing and it looks lovely.There is enough shade that when it’s way too hot to stand in the sun, in the shade it’s still comfortable and breezy.While I was sitting and visiting with my friend, I realized how lovely the palapas and the ocean looked. Paradisical. Is that a word? Like paradise. Like my dream of what I wanted to come to in Mexico.I took some photos, and reminded myself I need to spend more time in the ocean, and under the palapas. I am going to add these photos to my other blogs:

In the camping section of Chacala Budget Rentals

In the camping section Chacala Nayarit

And there are some other photos of the camping area in Gardener in Mexico
It’s getting warm enough now that more local people are in the water in the evening. And more visitors from other parts of Mexico are coming down for a dip. And a nice relaxing afternoon eating lunch for hours at one of the palapa restaurants. The water is perfect for swimming year-round, but local people like the water to be about 90 degrees for swimming, and that doesn't happpen until August or so.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have this life. And to live in such a beautiful place.

No comments: