Monday, November 27, 2006

Dinner at Tres Mars and Other Things

This is the upstairs, three unit, rental place owned by Tres Mars restaurant.
$36US a night, very nice, private, with a large shared patio and three hammocks.
I had dinner at Tres Mars tonight. Delicious quesadillas with cheese and beef. Made to order with no cilantro or onions. I ate with a visitor to Chacala, who is staying next door, at Aurora’s. He is Swiss, and is visiting small beach towns around Nayarit. He was very interesting and has traveling a lot. Including quite a bit of time in small villages in Guatamala. We visited and joked with Marta and Martine and had a nice dinner. He said Honduras was really, really cheap. He liked it there. Are you reading this La Gringa? Adrian, who started cleaning this sink at Mirador, on his own, while his grandmother, Inez, and I were visiting. This is the primo, upstairs with kitchen on the patio, unit at Mirador.
I have been struggling lately with how to interact with some of the returning gringos. Those that come down for the winter, and in several cases, have homes here. I don't seem to have much in common with many of them, partly because I don't drink alcohol very often, and partly because of my world-view, and probably mostly because of my personality. But, luckily for me, there are lots of nice short-term visitors here, so I get to socialize with people I enjoy.
There are lots of really nice people who live in Chacala, and I feel honored to be able to live here, and to enjoy the friendships I have made here.

1 comment:

La Gringa said...

Yes I'm reading this! I'm catching up on a week's worth of posts.

I'm going to have to find a new feed reader -- Bloglines just isn't working. Day after day it says no new posts but when I go to a blog, I find 5 or more new ones. Then a day or two later it will show 25 new ones which are really old ones. What the heck is going on with that?

Anyway, I'm glad he liked Honduras.