Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day in Chacala

Chacala has been jammed with people this three-day weekend. Today is MayDay in Mexico, the 1st of May, and it's a big beach holiday in Mexico I guess. I wasn't really prepared for another big weekend so soon after Semana Santa, but were we are. And next weekend with Cinco de Mayo, which isn't very big here, luckily.

The weather is perfect, sleeping with a sheet and light fleece blanket in the tent. Beautiful starry nights. The ocean water is very very comfortable, warm but not too warm. Very nice. I am swimming two or three times a day, in preparation for moving off the beach to my "summer home", which is up near Casa Pacfica and a long walk to the beach. It is near Chacalila beach, so I might start walking down there again like I did the first year I was at my summer place. Last year there were too many tall grasses and shrubs and there was a new fence, so I didn't bother.

All beaches in Mexico are public, legally, but some are more public that others. The more money you have the more privacy you have, same as Malibu, in California.

The occasional idiot motorbiker on the beach has been joined by a drunken idiot with his truck. Last night he and his lovely family partied right in front of Esparanaza's until 3am. Juan called the police and said they were coming, but I don't think they did. The truck was still on the beach this am. I was hoping for a high tide, but no such luck.

Neither of the moto's had license plates, and when I flagged the driver's down and told them the truth, that the police would confiscate their bikes if they didn't have plates, they both got off the beach. We'll see what happens next. Luckily, I don't plan to be on the beach in a few more days. I want to move because I like not paying rent for the summer and I hate the teenager loud music at Esparanza's, but I love the beach and the kids and being down there. I expect I will move back in November or so.

If you want to take a look at the rentals in Chacala
take a look.

No comments: