Thursday, September 01, 2005

September 1, 2005 Church Roof Leaking (or not)

I was just told there was a town meeting today. I don't know how "town" is defined for this particular meeting. But Chacala people for sure.

It sounded as thought originally the meeting agenda was the almost non-existent water system, but I was told the official from Compostella (the "municipal" or county seat) either didn't show or hadn't done whatever he was supposed to do (this is second or third hand info). So I guess the meeting turned into a discussion about the church roof leaking.

It sounds like they (I don't know who "they" is) are going to look into the situation, and possibly look for donations, in case you might be interested. I'll keep posting as the situation progresses. I hate to think of that beautiful arched brick ceiling falling in or something.

No comments: