Friday, January 13, 2006

My Chacala Campsite

A coconut fell thru the roof of my tent, rain fly and tent. The coconuts here have a pointed end. Luckily. I wasn{t in the tent at the time. It fell on my bed. I can{t seem to figure out how to repair it so I took that tent, the little tent, down. And then moved the bigger, new tent, over so I can see the beach and water and palms and hills from my bed thru all three windows. This is a kind of a long tent, and you can hook up a little divider and have two rooms.
So one room is for my bed and the other for my stuff.

I am getting rid of some of the stuff I have collected, mostly by accident, and things are seeming clean and neat and tidy. I am happy with the new arrangement, partly because I have two tables outside now, one just for eating and the other for drawing and playing with the kids, and they are both in the shade all day. Before I had to move the one eating table back out of the sun about 1pm. And when the kinds came to draw I would have to move the food stuff. It is very nice.

This is the full moon. The waves are back to normal now, and very managable. The water is very clear and green and beautiful. It{s still a little chilly at night, but the days are warm and lovely.

The gypsies arrived last night, and are going to start showing movies at full volume, that is, you can hear the movie all over town, starting tomorrow night. They show the movies on a big tarp. ugh. oh well. I can"t hear to loud sounds too much with the sound of the ocean waves drowning everything out.

No comments: