Saturday, June 30, 2007

Another Stormy Chacala Night

Lots of rain and wind and storminess last night. Didn't need a fan. Or a top sheet. Power stayed on, as far as I know.The new construction across the road from me, Guichol and Norma's two little rentals, is coming along. They have been putting the arched brick roof on the past few days.

I have been trying to figure out which way the roof tilts, for drainage. But I am starting to think it level. Water has been puddling all over the roof.I love it that every bit of cement has been hand-mixed. Not even a wheelbarrow or trough to mix it in.And I like the steady scraping sound at the guy mixes the cement. I noticed when it stops. Ojne of the nice things about no power tools, is that the workers can talk and joke and laugh with each other.

No comments: